Welcome to Yanshan University!

Residence Permit

Dear students,

It is very important to hold a valid residence permit in China. You should keep your visa expiry date in mind and renew it on time. If your visa has expired when you try to renew it, you will be fined RMB ¥500 per day. Failure to adhere to these regulations will also lead to punishment by Chinese government.

1.When to apply/renew?

At least, 10-20 days ahead of the expiry date.

The service timings for residence permit processing at the IES Office (C101A) is 9:30-11:30, 2:30-4:30 every day. So that you have enough time to apply and finish the process ahead of time. If you miss the timings, you will be responsible for the delay or expiration of your residence permit.

2.What documents should be prepared?

1)Document Checklist(for IES's record only)

—Obtain the Checklist from IES Office (C101A) or download from the IES Website.

Original Documents

(1)Passport (Passport expiry date must be long enough to cover the visa/residence permit extension time you're applying for.)

(2)Foreigner visa application form (Filling in sample, provided by C101A)

(3)YSU's official letter for Residence Permit (to be issued by YSU office, provided by C101A)

(4)Accommodation Registration(For the specific process of accommodation registration, please refer to the flow chart of the residence permit for foreign students from YSU.)

(5)Screenshot of payment certificates (tuition, accommodation and insurance, provided by C101B), (not required for scholarship students)

(6)Physical examination form within 6 months validity period (please refer to the flow chart of residence permit for foreign students from YSU)


(8)Admission Letter

(9)Guarantee(provided by C101A)

(10)A two-inch photo with WHITE background

Copy Documents

(1)Copies of your passport (photo page, valid residence permit page, last airport immigration stamp page)

(2)Legal Person Certificate of YSU Institution


(1)According to China’s laws, international students, when going out of campus, must carry passports and other credentials to prove their legal status in China.

(2)Visa/residence permit fee:

The visa period is RMB ¥400 for less than one year; RMB ¥800 for more than one year.

(3)Physical examination address:

No. 51, Haibin Road, Qinhuangdao.

Tel: 0335-5997872

Cost:RMB ¥60 /RMB ¥400.

Time: Monday to Friday morning 8:00-11:30; 14:00-16:00


* do not eat or drink water.

* take three 2 inch photos and your passport.

* 2 physical examination results.